Saturday, January 3, 2009

CHARGER GAME DAY


...and where the hell is "The Replacement." I count on her. I need her. I love her. I've never met her. She enables me not to go to ANY games. You have to love this girl. What are the chances that the Chargers (who have had a crappy year) would win the three games in a row that they needed. That their opponents would lose the three games in a row that they needed. That last week the Chargers would not choke...and that they would be in a playoff game...seriously!! Henry loves going to the games. It is the whole routine. Parking the car in his favorite spot....etc. He deserves to go to the game with someone who appreciates it...not someone who knits through it. Granted, realistically he understands that I can knit and watch the game at the same time..but the "fans" surrounding our seats do not understand. To them I am the loser...he is the loser's partner. So "The Replacement" is out of town and cannot use her normal ticket. That left me trying to find a replacement replacement or going to the game. On to the quest of finding a replacement. Everyone I could think of had a ticket already, except Betsy. Perfect Betsy would go to the game and enjoy it!! I could have a nice evening cuddled up in my chair with my computer and tv and a cuppa tea. Then the text message. She is going with a friend of hers from Palo Alto. I guess the words--I am already going with my dad were not forthcoming.

It is not good enough that I am going to the game---I have to ENJOY it! The ultimate oxymoron.
I am getting ready for the 5PM game now. It is 9:53. Did I mention that it is raining--RAINING! I am deciding on what knitting to take. My DS is charging. I have downloaded Scrabble on my phone (shout out to Liz on that one).

On a high note I will be wearng my newly completed, always adorable cowl to keep my neck warm. You cannot see it here but this lovely yarn is infused with silver strands...sparkly, warm, charming...just like me!!